CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Graduation Day

You know, who would have thought that out of all of us kids growing up, Sarah would have been the first to get a graduate degree!!! You go girl! I'm so proud of her! I kind of took over and wanted to throw her a GREAT graduation party - this was a special day and she definitely deserves recognition!



Mom helped me make these little favors that we decorated the table at Mimi's Restaurant for dinner for her before the commencement.





The ceremony itself was long and CROWDED, but there were a few things that really touched me. A few rows in front of us was this girl that whooped, hollered and clapped so enthusiastically for EVERY SINGLE GRADUATE. Wow. At first I thought it was kind of funny, and we were laughing, but as her enthusiasm never waned, I really was impressed. She felt like I did that this was an important day, and that each one of those graduates deserves their own special treatment!


The other thing that touched me was this young man sitting across the row from us (in the yellow jacket). He sat by himself, and the whole time I was wondering where his family was? Where they going to join him? Finally at the end of the ceremony, they did a multi-cultural farewell deal and as a middle-aged woman approached the microphone, this young man stood up and clapped so proudly. He quietly said "Way to go Mom!" and sat back down. Tears welled up in my eyes, thinking of the pride he has for his mom, and the love that that mom had for her son in that moment. It was so special.



After the ceremony everyone made their way back to my house for cake and chit-chat! It was an awesome evening to celebrate the accomplishments of an amazing girl. Congratulations Sarah. You are truly incredible!




(Yeah, I have camera issues - sorry!)

0 comments: