In my opinion, the absolute sweetest Olympic moments have been seeing the parents' reactions to their childrens' successes. How many times did they replay Michael Phelp's mom dropping to her seat in shock when he won one of his golds? So sweet.
But my favorite Olympic moment happened last night. When super cute Shawn Johnson finally won her gold medal, and the cameras turned to her mom. She could not stop the tears, and when her husband embraced her, the two of them just wept together. It truly brought tears to my own eyes. I thought of the sacrifices they and their family had made, all the hard work, disappointment, courage and faith they each must have had. To me, it was the sweetest moment of the games.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
In my opinion...
Posted by Rachael at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are right about the parent's reactions. I can't imagine how much they have sacrificed for their children. Frankly, I am really glad the Olympics are over. Now maybe I can get a full night of sleep. Ah, sleep so rare and so precious!
Post a Comment