I don't believe it!!! Look what came in the mail! Seuao finally got his green card!!! This has been in the works since we got married, and finally finally finally we're done!!! Well, maybe.....
If you look close, you'll see on his card that his "Country of Birth" is "Unknown" WHAT??? I know for a fact that on every form I filled out, I put Western Samoa as his country of birth. Not only that, I have sent in copies of his birth certificate on numerous occasions. Why is this "unknown"??? So, I called immigration yesterday. After reading me her 20 minute spiel about making an appointment with the local office to get a temporary card while I return this card, filling out more forms, possibly paying a fee to have it fixed (only if you can absolutely prove it's not your fault), and waiting the 3-6 months processing time, I ask is it worth it??? The card is in our hands. I only wonder if it would make a difference down the road (in another 5 years) when Seuao applies for citizenship.
Let me tell you - the process to get a permanent green card is out of control! The web of paperwork and plethora of fees that go into this is truly unbelievable. It really is no mystery to me why there are so many illegal immigrants here. It is absolutely incomprehensible to figure out how to do this! Thank heavens I have friends who have been through it and could hold my hand!
I guess the bottom line is that we're as done as we want to be with it right now! Our applications were approved, and hopefully the days of having to justify our marriage are over! YAHOO!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I don't believe it!!!!
Posted by Rachael at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAY for you two!
Very nice. I'm proud of you . . . but I'm very frustrated with the government that requires so much of honest people!
Wow. I guess we don't realize the EXTENT of red tape unless we've been through the process. But finally. Isn't that the way with government, though? You wait and wait and WAIT, and it comes to you WRONG!! Geez.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't believe they are so inept! We all know where he's from. Good work Rachael!
Post a Comment