I HATE Subway. I can't stand ANYTHING about that place. I have NEVER ONCE been in a Subway where the employees acted like they even remotely enjoyed their job or tried to crack a smile. Watching them daintily place a one tiny strip of green pepper down the middle of my sandwich like we are on the brink of a major green pepper famine and they can't spare another. The bread is always stale and it just smells funny to me. And don't even get me started on the insanely annoying $5 Footlong commercials............
Unfortunately the last couple of weeks I have been craving Subway.
WHY???????????
This goes against everything I stand for! I tried to ignore the craving. I didn't listen. I rejected the thought every time it entered into my mind. Until last week.
I was meeting my good friend Natalie for lunch, and rather than journeying to one of our usual haunts, I blurted out Subway!
Wait!!!!! What was I thinking???
She said there was a new one that was between our two offices, and we could meet there.
I'm not ashamed to say it... I stand corrected. I had a lovely time at Subway! The place was clean! It didn't smell funny and the employees were smiling! They loaded up my sandwich with veggies and they even had Diet Coke.
Ahhhhhhh.....
I'm so glad I don't have to hate Subway anymore (although I'm not sure I want to tempt fate anytime soon)! (And I still hate the commercials....)

5 comments:
Good for you. I really like Subway. But as you know things are a bit different in our lovely little town. People are friendly and they really try to make the customer happy. It's too bad all such businesses can't succeed.
Thanks. Now I can't stops singing the "5-dollar foot long" song. Thanks a lot.
You are hilarious.
I hate those lame commercials too.
I'm proud of you, Mach. Welcome to my world.
Funny! We just went to Subway today, in fact. I love it. Much better than a run to Wendy's or McD's (which the kids always shout out on the rare occassion we take them out for a meal). I can eat a foot-long, as can Chad. The kids each get a half and we all have water. I think it's a good deal. And we all get our veggies for that meal. I couldn't be happier about Subway! I hope you can become truly converted! :)
Post a Comment