CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Party for Lily-Bug!

On Saturday we went to Logan to have Lily's be-lated birthday party! This has been consuming my mind for the last month or so, and to see it all come together was AWESOME!!!! Thank heavens for the internet - totally uncreative people like me can get fantastic ideas and come off looking like a crafty creative super-mom! Thank you internet!


Here are the invitations I made:

We decked out Granny and Papa's backyard:

I found a cute "Ladybug's Birthday" book that we gave away as favors to the cousins:

My 3-D ladybug birthday cake even turned out!

The only thing I would have changed was that we got started a little late and were running out of shade and into naptimes! (Birthday girl was definitely letting us know it was naptime!)
We had a yummy barbeque:
(In true Samoan fashion, she enjoyed the ribs and hotdogs the most!)
Lily took her time diving into her cake. We couldn't get her to touch it until we gave her a fork (and Daddy helped her out a little with the frosting!)


Fifteen minutes later.....

But, all in all we had a great time (Ella and Noah especially liked the "ladybug spots" (i.e. Oreos) on the tables... Look at those mouths!)


Thanks Papa for sharing your birthday with us! (Saturday was my dad's real birthday, so while we partied for Lily at lunchtime, we had dad's party that evening.) He doesn't look like he minded too much!

4 comments:

Kate said...

You truly are a super-mom, Rach! That looks like such a fun party! Lily is a lucky girl. I love the picture of you and Wow kissing her.

Rebecca said...

Excellent recap! Happy birthday buggy!!

Anonymous said...

Not creative? You pulled that one off very well! I loved the invites, cake, cupcakes, table decorations..., everything! What an adorable birthday party. I love the reaction of the newly-turned 1 year-olds to their cakes. Like, "What am I supposed to do with this thing?"

Hillary said...

Great job on the cake Rach super cute! Happy B-day Lily!