CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Tsunami - September 29, 2009

There really aren't words to describe the tragedy that hit Seuao's homeland. Thankfully none of his family was affected, but given how small this island nation really is, everyone feels the effect.
These pictures do the talking:

***I wish I knew who to credit with these pictures - I just got them on an email, but thought they were so poignant, I had to share them.  The beach pictured in these pictures is one we spent a day at on our trip to Samoa in 2008.  So sad.

(I think if you click on the picutres, they will enlarge, and you can see them better...)

2 comments:

mommynolan said...

It is so hard to believe-I am just grateful all members of Seuao's family and their homes were spared. We have so much to be grateful for!

Babelicious said...

Oh my goodness--that is so sad. Casey and I were so happy that Wow's family was all ok. Do you know how the rebuilding efforts are coming?