CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wheels

File this under the "I just don't get it" file:

I have had cars cars cars and more cars on my brain for the last few weeks. Things still aren't totally resolved, but this really is putting me over the top.

When my car was having issues a few weeks back, and we made the decision to put the money into my car and replace Seuao's car with something newer, but still gas-efficient that would last a long time. When we got his original car, it wasn't exactly what he wanted (it was an automatic and he wants a manual), that's ALL I have heard about! So when we were looking for his replacement car, I told him he better make sure that it is EXACTLY what he wants because I don't want to hear about it!

So, we found a great car, at a good price except it had hubcaps instead of wheels. A total deal-breaker for him. The deal-breaker for me was no power windows or locks, but what do I know?!? He insisted that he didn't mind that, but unless he could get wheels on it, he didn't want the car. Well, we struck a deal with the dealership, and they said they were going to hook us up with wheels for the car.

Determined to let Seuao take care of this annoying detail all on his own, he spent a day last week in Logan getting the wheels ordered. Of course they had to be shipped in, and he had to work, so guess who made the trip to Logan to get the wheels installed... me. Which was fine, really - we had fun sister plans, so I didn't mind, until... I get to the shop. No wheels were ordered. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Between the sales guy at the dealership, the guy at the shop and my husband, fingers were pointing everywhere, nevertheless, there were no wheels to put on this car. So when I talk to Seuao about what happened, and tell him I have printouts of what the guy at the shop thought Seuao was deciding between he says he wants the black ones. (There was only one set of black ones there that he would have seen, and they were AWFUL! In fact, they only reason I noticed them is because they were so awful!)

"What? You want those ugly black wheels???"

"Rach, YES, just get me the black wheels! I don't want any of the silver ones, just get the black ones!"

To me that is SO ghetto! The ones the guy and I looked at were nice, they would look good, and despite the trouble I had been through already would have been worth it. Not those cheapy stupid black ones!

So, I have to stop myself - Is this my control-freakish side coming out, trying to preserve the dignity of this car, or should I just let Wow have his stupid black wheels? I know if he had succeeded in ordering what he intended, I would have no say whatsoever, and it would be done, but now that I have to fix this mess and order them myself, is it a crime against everything that is non-ghetto to order these dumb wheels???

I know I shouldn't let this bug me. I should just get him his stupid black wheels (which by the way I have to drive BACK to Logan this weekend to have installed) or else I won't hear the end of it as long as we own the car...

I seriously just don't get it.

6 comments:

The Boyle Family said...

Let him have the black wheels... but insist that in exchange, Wow must bring you flowers once a month for 6 months!

Kate said...

Oops, that was me leaving the comment! I guess I was still signed in as the kids. :)

Anonymous said...

So what's it going to be like coming to an agreement on a name for the baby? Haha! Happy birthday, Rach!!

Rebecca said...

They're not as bad as I pictured....

Kristi said...

ohh man...I'm so sorry. I'm not a fan of the black rims either! I know my controlling side would come out. hehe..good luck!

Lexy said...

Dave and I love Black rims...
That is what we want if we ever get a nice car with rims.
Im sorry its such a pain though.):