CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Filter

You know the filter I'm talking about (no, not some new random car part to send to Samoa) - the filter that stops us from saying exactly what's on our mind... I don't think we're born with it (I'm pretty sure Lily hasn't developed hers yet), but generally I'm a pretty good thinker before I'm a speaker. I can usually keep my cool. Well, at this point in my pregnancy the filter is GONE.

I'm at work today - sitting here 5 days away from my due date - growing more and more irritated with the things around me. These are things that really shouldn't irritate me, but I'm having a tough time keeping a rational mind! The teeniest tasks become huge drama in my brain. I have no desire to keep anyone happy, or to even try to smile to the people around me.

Yesterday I had to send an email to a guy I work with who was out of the office, to apologize for loosing my cool with some stupid bank person who wanted to talk to him, but wasn't listening to me tell her she had the wrong guy!

In fact, the other day I was talking to my mom, and instead of being happy for her getting new couches (finally finally finally), I was irritated that she hadn't told me about them herself, and I had to hear about them from my BROTHER - even after talking to her that morning.

All of this stuff is so stupid. But if one more pile of paperwork from our other office comes onto my desk today expecting me to (heaven forbid) do my job, heads may roll!!!!

(Is there any doubt that I haven't had this baby yet???)

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Oh, now that I've written that, it could be construed the wrong way. Well, you know what I mean.

Mary said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I found out (from your blog, no less) that Mom got new couches. That's nice--it's not even second-hand! That's third-hand!

mommynolan said...

Maybe your "bosses" would do well to read your blog. I am sure they desire to keep their heads attached :> Couches, did anyone not hear, after years of diligent hint dropping, endurance and painful accidents, the Nolans have obtained new couches---WAHOO!!! I can't wait for everyone to see them.

Unknown said...

I win this one, I was LAST to find out about the new couches. LoL. Way to "Sweat the Small Stuff!" :)